Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dinning Room decor



My dining room was looking very plain; with white walls, white furniture and a couple of odd wood pieces.


after clearing out my clutter, I purchased paint at home depo; a dark brownish read, the color is called "Sweet Tea". Painted the walls and repainted the baseboards white.



The chairs I had were in bad shape, i needed new ones badly. while walking through the flea market, i was lucky to buy 6 new chairs for only $35.00 The chairs are old style high backs, dark wood with fuchsia colored cushions.


















For the floor I got for free a beautiiful oriental rug with price tag attached $300.00. The rug is trimmed in black with dark burgandy flowers.


















Now fro the windows I cant afford new curtains. so i saw at friend's apartment. Beaded scarf valance curtains, that are way out of my price range. I decided to try and duplicate the look for cheaper. I purchased 3 scarfs at the family dollar for $2 a piece. And purchaed cinnamon colored grosgrain ribbon and craft beads at the dollar tree. Today; I am going to attempt to make beaded fringe to apply to the scarfs.


















No comments:

Post a Comment